Tuesday, February 3, 2015

My New Etsy Store

I have been trialing 3 different stores to find one that best suits my needs. I have used Selz, Misi and Etsy. Selz has been my main store as it was easy and inexpensive to set up and easy to incorporate social media links.

I have fallen out of love with Selz as they have had a problem with their paypal integration for 6 weeks. That's far too long if you want to sell your items online. Who knows how many sales I may have had in that period?

I know it's only a hobby for me rather than a business but I still need those sales so I can buy in more raw materials. My hobby has become self funding. It allows me to do what I love and really keep my costs down.

Although I have had a couple of sales with both Etsy and Misi I have decided to throw in my lot with Etsy. It is far more well known and established for hobbyists and businesses alike. The costs aren't huge and the exposure for my items is pretty good. It loses out on Facebook integration though it does have some social media links.

I have moved all of my items from Selz and in the process of closing the store permanently with the loss of all the valuable links that I have set up for it over time.

The link to my new Etsy store is - https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/WireWizardz.

Take a look if you get the chance and leave me any comments on the items and how I might improve them.

Best wishes - Mark xx



No comments:

Post a Comment