Monday, October 12, 2020

 Butterfly Bracelet- Part 3


Materials required.


1mm (18g) round wire.


0.8mm (20g) square wire, twisted.


14 beads.

(In this example I have used 8mm crystal rondelles but rounds or bicones work as well. The best sizes to use are either 6mm or 8mm.



Preparations.


Cut 7 pieces of the 1mm round wire each 9” long.

(This is for a 7” bracelet. If you are making other sizes allow extra wire.)


Cut 5 pieces of the 0.8mm square wire each 12cm long.


Cut 2 pieces of masking tape about 5cm long.


Before I use the square wire for wrapping it must be twisted.



For twisting square wires I like to  use 2 pin vices. I attach one to each end of the wire and holding the left hand vice firmly I roll the right hand vice on my work surface. It’s important to keep tension on the wire as you roll it to keep the twists even along the length.


Count each roll until you are satisfied with the size of the twists so that you can repeat it with the other wires.



 Tape all 7 of the wires together in two places and mark the Centre. 


In this example it will be 4.5”.






No comments:

Post a Comment