Sunday, October 11, 2020

 Butterfly Bracelet - Part 2

This is quite an easy make but I suggest you read through the entire tutorial several times before you pick up a tool or cut a wire. Get a good overview of the steps required. I have used contrasting colour wires so that wraps etc are easier to see. Purple wire and clear A B rondelles.



 I like to use a wire straightener on all my wires to take out any kinks etc.


You can use plastic jawed pliers, a cloth or even your fingers to achieve similar results but the straightener is best if you have one.



 After every final cut I always round my wires. They can be filed to achieve the same effect which is to remove any sharp edges left by the cutters. No one wants to wear anything uncomfortable or catches in their clothes.


As I do a lot of it I have a battery operated version which is very

 quick and takes all the effort out of it.




This is a manual version of the  wire rounder. A cup burr on a handle that you have to twist on the end of the wire. It can be hard on the hands and for a little more the battery version is a better choice.






No comments:

Post a Comment